Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Last night for the low price of $195 a ticket( YIKES) I went to see Madonna. I am not a real concert goer, but I decided that I should see the material girl before the end of an era that embraced well...just that. Madonna was more buffed than Linda Hamilton in Terminator. The concert should have been called MANdonna the Metal tour, as she clearly had distain for all that she was. At one point she sang a song called It's Not Me and ran around the stage tearing up four dancers that represented different personas she held over the years. The wedding virgin, the material girl, the papa don't preech I'm an unmarried pregnant teenager, and the ever so famous torpedo cone bra woman. Clearly this woman is having an identity crisis, and after all these years and all these looks, now that she is half a century old she has settled on a masculine woMAN?

Given that she has two children, resides in England, and writes flowery children's tales I thought perhaps she would have softened. It was quite the opposite. You would have thought she learned manners all those years in England but no....she showed up an hour and a half late to her own concert. She kept all of Madison Square Garden waiting.

I had to get out of my 24/7 wear...wash my hair, put on make up and ride a train to the city to see this concert! What a shame.

No comments: